Monday, September 13, 2010

Web Design 2 - Beautiful Commercial Websites Analysis

Hello again! After going through the competitor's websites, it is time to look for beautiful websites for art direction references. Here are some of the nice websites I've found :D

1. Glenilen Farm

Home Page. I like the colours and the simple yet nice looking layout. The footer has some nice graphics and the overall feel is strong.


They have very nice looking products' pictures, and when you click one of the thumbnails you will go the the page on the right. I like how they take care of small details/designs for the whole website.


I like this website even more when I reach the page above. They even draw the map nicely to suit the overall art direction of the website. I've seen a lot of websites where thy just simply put a picture to show the location, but ignore the aesthetic side of map. This website notice this and I like it very much.

More research, click 'Read more!" ;)




2. Burger King


Burger King has a very fun Home Page. I really like to play with the three scroll bars on top and look at what will happen :p very nice and friendly.


As for their menu, they provide detailed information, and I like all their small icons design, very detail and pretty. Very suitable for fast food/restaurant websites. The overall colour scheme/colour choice suits the company as well.


Omg I really like the scroll bars! :D Haha. I think they frame up all the information nicely too. Look at hoe they locate the video etc for the right image, pretty well done. =)


3. Rascal Flatts


This is the home page for this music band. I really like the art direction. They plan the design nicely and the overall colour scheme is there too. Got attracted to the details of the few lines, patterns and of course, the logo design is well done.

Look at how they frame up the information! And also the frame design, so detail, so nicely done. I really like it and I think I can study on how to implement small design elements into web page design and at the same time make them look consistent but not messy. =)


Nice footer design. The feel is really strong! The right image shows their discography page. Also very nice. =)


4. LaLicious


LaLicious  is a brand which sells products like perfume, body lotions and so on. Their targeted audience would be female which is why the colours and all are more feminine feel. Clean payout, nice quality pictures, very comfortable to the eyes, and I like how they arrange the important annoucements/promotions on top before the fold, so that can attract people's attention.


They have some small surprise when you move-over the buttons on top. They have very cute animation going on for that few seconds. Though the graphics and all might be made of simple shapes, but by putting the animation together it brings the fun and nice touch for the website. =)


The page shows the information about one of the product. Detailed informations, and the overall design and feel is consistent. =)



5. Free People


I like this website because of their background design. Nice, and suits the things they are selling. The overall feel is strong. I focus more on websites which create strong visual feel because I think AHR need to improve on visual part, so perhaps I can get to learn something from these websites. =)


Nice picture quality, also with important details. Image quality is quite important especially for websites like AHR which have lots of gallery photos, so need to find a way to present them in a more aesthetic way with nice flow and so on.


6. Howarths



Very interesting user experience you can have here. The pages on the right you can actually click them and they'll expand and you can read the information inside. Just wanna share this here, haha~


They have cool loading bar too. Go and check it out. ;)


They got some interesting typographic style as well. They make orange colour and that typo style to make the whole website consistent. Quite cool actually, in my opinion. =)


Okay. Before I end, just wanna share something here. I also did some research on the 'Beautiful Club Websites' and here are some cool ideas I found. They are not all HTML websites, some of them are pure Flash website, but it is nice to see their art directions and their concepts behind, they broke my mindset of how club websites looks like. Quite surprising to see the designers could design them in all sorts of ways... just for some inspirations perhaps? =)  Here are some links ;)  :

1. Bar Music Hall


2. Bar Plan B 


3. Ministry of Sound


4. Noa


5. R.I.P Cube Club


6. TrouwAnsterdam


Okay. That's all for now. Hope you enjoy looking at them =)

No comments:

Post a Comment