Friday, October 9, 2009

Comments are welcomed and appreciated! ^^

After few weeks of hard time finishing up my Icons Design assignment *why hard time? hmm.. maybe i shall explain it in my next post XD* , finally today we can get to submit it and Sook Chiung actually gave us a special lecture on "User-Test'. So, what is User-test? User test is actually extremely important for the designer to get to know/understand their own strength and being able to enhance their artwork/design based on feedbacks.

Yes! :D feedback!

So this is what we need to do during this weekand. And i need your help to give comments/criticism/opinions/whatever you think you need to say about my Icons Designs.

Please. Do not read this post and leave. Leave a comment based on my questions before you go! Your opinions are greatly appreciated!! ^___^

SO, these are my Icons Design:

Pixel icons



Vector icons







Questionnaire: (# Further critical comments based on the question are welcomed)

1. First of all, can you recognize them as icons? Or you might think of something else instead?
a) I can recognize all of them as icons.
b) I can recognize some of them, that is ________. *pls specify them, thank you.
c) I don't see them as icons.


2. If you see them on your computer screen or mobile phones, you will think that these icons represents? *home? contacts? mail? web? camera? etc....


3. What do you think is the theme for my design? *we actually create our designs based on one theme. What do you think the theme is? Suggestions like: Chinese, Red, Ribbons etc....


4. What do you think about the colour scheme for my designs? Is it suitable for the theme? Or maybe i could've choose another type of colour combinations?


5. What do you think about the details of my designs? Too much? Lack of details? Just right?


6. Perhaps further opinions on how i created the icons? Maybe about the effects that i used? Shadow effects? overlaying part, etc...?


7. Overall do you think the designs are original? Or you've seen them somewhere else?

.............................................

Okey. I think that is all. If you have more to say, you are always welcomed to do so. ^^


I hope to see your comments! It's k to be harsh or what. lolxx...XD


THANK YOU VERY MUCHiEE!!!!!!!!!~ ^___^


PS: if you happen to not having a google account to sign in and leave comment *and you feel lazy to create one , you can choose to leave comment on my Facebook. I will check these two sites from time to time. Don't worry. =)

and it's important for me to know who you are. so don't hide yourself while leaving comments k? XD lolxx...


Thanks again!!!~

12 comments:

  1. 1) I can recognize all them as icons.
    2) Home and contacts
    3) Chinese cultures
    4) Its suitable
    5) About right
    6) Tone of the color
    7) original but similar to some icons for example phone contacts

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. i can recognize all of them as icons
    2. 1st icon: Home; 2nd icon: Phonebook
    3. Feels chinese new year-ish
    4. If the theme is chinese-related then yeah.
    5. Okay but a little too floral.. i think icons should be precise and straight forward without too many obvious details.. >.<
    6. shadows and inner/outer glow..
    7. original. i've never seen it anywhere else. in fact, i've never seen anything quite like it! in terms of originality, this piece is superb =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.I recognise them as icons they are nice, I think i fail as chinese bacause I am puzzled at the circular vector.

    2.Something to do with contacs.

    3.Valentines day! and CHINESE CULTURE THINGS!

    4. Colours are good!

    5.The vector phone is good. VERY GOOD I LIKE. The pixel ones are very well detailed, I have problem identifying them.

    6.They are well made. Technical skill is good idea and motive is good.

    7. 100% ORIGINAL !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.
    b) I can recognize some of them, that is 1, 2, and 4.

    2.
    1=message
    2=home
    3= uh home, but need to think a while
    4=contact/call?

    3.
    It's a red ribbon.. like some kinda celebration, maybe christmas?

    4.
    These colours are nice already. But perhaps you should add in a little bit of complimentary colour, which in this case is green.

    5.
    The 1st 2 icons are perfect already in this sense. The 3rd one i'm not sure. 4th one is fine too.

    6.
    Maybe the 4th one use a more convincing shadow effect/ make it more 3D solid? And the 3rd one; ribbon elements in the middle seems kinda flimsy. You could try something more solid.

    7.
    I don't think i've seen anything like it b4. I really like the first 2 ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. (b) I can recognize all of them except the third one.

    2. I think it represents prosperity because they remind me of Chinese New Year.

    3. I think the theme would be Chinese culture.

    4. The colour scheme is nice but I personally would prefer a more colorful combination.

    5. The details are just right. Not too much, not too little.

    6. I love the shadow effect which makes the icons look more 3D.

    7. The icons are original! I've never seen it anywhere before :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.
    b) recognized only.. 1, 2 and 4.

    2.
    1= bookmark, contacts, notepad
    2= home, main menu
    3= home? i think its home, but... its just strange
    4= contacts, incoming calls, call logs

    3.
    i feel a massive atmosphere of chinese new year. due to the amount of red and ribbons is put into play. however, the brown and peach sort of shade for the first 2 icons, reminds me of valentines.

    4.
    if its chinese new year, then the colours are good to go. if valentine, need a lil more western touch into it.

    5.
    The 1st 2 icons are well done. 3rd and 4th may need a lil more time and work put into it.

    6.
    i`m still doing cg2, so i`m not sure. but maybe like wei yang said, a lil more solidity and form for the 4th one.

    7.
    first and second is truly great. 3rd reminds me too much of chinese new year decoration. and for the 4th, its a lil too straight forward and common.


    oh yea, ken here. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Yus all of them.
    2. Mail, home, home, call.
    3. Some chinese festival-esque theme lol.
    4. If I was right..then its fine the way it is.
    5. Its fine..but the 3rd one needs a bit more
    work.
    6. The third one has funny looking gradient. At least to me XD. Some simple shadow will be nice.
    7. Like from what I read in ImagineFX..it goes something like: "There isn't originality, just whether it has been executed by you and how well you did it." But overall, I think it's pretty fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. a) I can recognize all of them as icons.
    2. Home and Contacts.
    3. Chinese.
    4. the color is great.
    5. Just right.
    6. No comment. XD
    7. Original. But the contacts' 1 can be seen in somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. a) I can recognize all as icons but it took me quite some time to recognize number 3 though.


    2. Home and contacts.


    3. Something regarding chinese culture, I think.


    4. Yes, I think it's suitable.


    5. I think 1, 2 and 4 are just right. As for number 3 I think you can make it abit more straight forward so that it can be recognized more easily.

    6. A bit of shadow will be nice I guess.


    7. Yes I think the designs are original. I've never seen it anywhere else before.

    Hope this helps! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. a) I can recognize all of them as icons.
    b) 1st icon = mail , 2nd icon = home
    c) Chrismas Day?
    d) it certainly is suitable
    e) Lack of details
    f) Shadow effects
    g) 1st hand design :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ~~hahah~~
    I become Sook Chiung to Comment ur project~~
    just kidding~~
    hahahahahaha~~~

    1.
    a) I can recognize all of them as icons.


    2.
    ~~errrmmm~~~
    ~1.message (Inbox)
    ~2.home
    ~3.hard to recognize~~ web icon
    ~4.contact Book
    3.
    ~is look like chinese culture, that kind of Ribbons,
    ~ur design is look like chinese culture wedding that 喜喜...that kind of design~~

    4.
    ~Yes, it suitable~~

    5.
    ~hmm,design all is prefect,
    ~hmm,for the vector icon, the 3th design maybe is hard to recognize, other is ok...

    6.how ur create?
    ~sketch
    ~pixel icon u using pencil tool to create
    ~Vector u using
    1.outer Glow
    2.inner glow
    3.gradient tools
    ~software u using
    1.Adobe Photoshop CS4
    2.Adobe Illustrator CS4
    (ps:haha~~~so details~~hahahahahaa)

    7.
    yes, that's very original~~ no people put this kind of design on the handphone~~maybe u can sell ur idea and ur design for handphone product~~ hahaha

    i'm as a Sook Chiung to finish comment ur design~~ u will get full mark in this design~~
    hahahaha~~~

    ps:later Sook Chiung kill me when i having her class~~don't kill me~~

    GOOD Effort
    Good job
    and good luck for ur presentation~~

    ReplyDelete